Job Title: Project Accountant
Location: Rosyth, Dunfermline + Hybrid Working Arrangements
Compensation: Up to 45,000 (Dependent on Experience) + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / One Year Fixed Term Contract
Role ID: SF55952
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Project Accountant at our Rosyth site.
As a Project Accountant, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary; working on a contract, that is taking part in the world’s first submarine dismantling project.
Day to day, you’ll be producing and analysing management accounts in accordance with the issued monthly timetable, as well as maintaining the integrity of data that supports the accounts maintaining full audit trails for both internal and external audit purposes:
- Manage production of monthly, quarterly and 5 year financial actual/forecast reporting.
- Ensure appropriate accounting standards are applied including IFRS 15.
- Perform financial reporting for internal and external stakeholder requirements including for Group, MoD and regulator (SSRO) financial reporting purposes.
- Present financials to internal and external stakeholders.
This role is a full-time position that is contracted at 37 hours a week and will be based at our Rosyth site, with hybrid working from home arrangements.
Agile working may be available to employees in some instances, applying the principles of fairness and consistency whilst ensuring that the overriding business needs can be appropriately met. We are happy to consider flexible, blended working, including part-time, condensed hours, and job sharing. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Essential Experience of the Project Accountant:
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- High quality standards and attention to detail.
- Proactive approach to work with flexible attitude towards duties.
- Good organisational skills.
Qualifications for the Project Accountant:
- Ideally, you will hold or be working towards a professional qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, ACMA, ICAEW, ICAS) or equivalent / similar.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day’s paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.