What Are We Looking For?
Our Operations and Maintenance team is looking for a Mechanical Engineer based in our Muir of Ord office.
The O&M team delivers small to medium multi-discipline projects on the repair, replacement, design and installation of equipment and plant systems for Utility services (Water and Power), and clients within the Transport, Food & Beverage, and Oil & Gas industries throughout Scotland, including the Northern and Western Isles.
Some of Your Key Duties Include:
- Being a first port of call for any issues or concerns from the engineering team (workload, technical support, commercial support, etc.) as required.
- Work with project managers to plan, programme and review required engineering resource.
- Carry out the execution of all projects within the department in line with project objectives and department procedures/ best practice, being responsible for department performance against KPIs.
- Coordination of inputs from various engineering disciplines and external designers to meet project technical requirements.
- Effective communication and management of technical issues between project management, designers, consultants, and other functions/support services within the project team.
- Provide technical support to site and workshop personnel.
- Take on the role/ responsibilities of Project Manager when required.
- Liaise with project stakeholders (internal and external) on an ongoing basis, reporting on project progress and performance.
- Provide input to department commercial forecasting.
What Do You Need?
- Degree/HND/HNC in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong project management capability including all aspects of project development, design, construction, and commissioning.
- Able to bring projects to successful completion.
- Customer service skills/ experience are an asset.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Full UK Driving Licence
Who Are We?
RSE is a market leader in delivering engineered solutions for the treatment & purification of water. We offer the design, build and maintenance of water treatment and water recycling equipment with a focus on driving innovative carbon neutral technologies. Delivering products and services to clients across the UK, our unique offering to the market focuses on efficiency and excellence in preserving the world s most important resource.
Established in 1982, RSE has grown into one of the most prominent MEICA engineering businesses in the UK water industry. We have created a complete in-house and full-service capability from project inception through to design, fabrication, and delivery by means of installation and commissioning. We additionally have one of the largest servicing and maintenance teams in the market, to ensure we re on hand for all our clients needs.
Our service offering presents industry-leading innovative solutions and our dedicated staff play a key role in delivering our sustainability and wider business goals. With over 1500 staff across our group of companies, our strategic ambition will see the business continue to grow as we expand our operations and diversify our products. One of RSE s key focuses is driving servant leadership and giving our people the opportunity and responsibility to take an entrepreneurial approach in their career development.
What RSE Offer
To build successful teams and drive the level of quality that RSE is renowned for, we know we need the best people in the industry. Not only do we require the relevant skillsets, but we also need people with the right attitude and mentality to thrive and grow in an innovative and fast-paced environment. At RSE, you ll be given every opportunity to set the path of your own career through our Business Streams and work within dynamic teams that will require you to rise to the challenge of working for a market leader.
- Industry-leading salary based on your experience.
- A flexible career development path, with no restrictions on where your career can go.
- Holiday Allowance of 31 days per year, rising to 33 days per year after 2 years service.
- Holiday Buy / Sell Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work
- Discounted National Gym Membership
- Professional Fees Paid
- Employee Discount Platform
- EV/Hybrid Car Lease Scheme
- Access to our network of health professionals including mental health champions and Occupational Health Nurse.
In a flourishing sector where there are vast career opportunities available, we believe by leading transformation in the industry our offering to the market means our people have the space to thrive.
If you re interested in a career with a company that will harness your skills and provide you with the support to create your own future within the water industry, apply now.