Join Our Client’s Team as an Accounts Assistant in the Vibrant Southside of Glasgow!
Are you ready to embark on an exciting journey? Our client is on the lookout for a talented Accounts Assistant to join their dynamic team during a period of significant growth and development in their business.
What They Offer:
Competitive Compensation: You can expect a competitive salary ranging from £22,000 to £25,000, commensurate with your experience.
Full-Time Stability: Enjoy the security of full-time hours, Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm, in their conveniently located office in the heart of the Southside of Glasgow.
Generous Time Off: You’ll have 34 days of holiday, including Christmas, to relax and recharge.
Casual Dress Code: Say goodbye to stuffy attire – our client has a casual dress code allowing you to be comfortable while you work.
Convenient Parking: Rest easy with on-site parking and excellent transport links.
Strong Retirement Plan: Benefit from a robust pension plan as part of your compensation package.
Supportive Work Environment: Join a team that values collaboration and support, fostering a positive work atmosphere.
Professional Growth: Seize opportunities for personal and professional development in a thriving industry with an established business.
Our Client is a family-owned business with a rich history dating back to 1973. Over the years, they have evolved into the UK’s premier sales and distribution centre for tools and machinery used across various manufacturing sectors, serving customers nationwide.
With 50 successful years under their belt, they have earned a reputation as an industry leader thanks to their unwavering commitment to delivering top-quality products and services. Now, they are ready to welcome an additional Accounts Assistant to their Finance team at their Southside Glasgow headquarters.
What You’ll Do as an Accounts Assistant:
As a meticulous and detail-oriented Accounts Assistant with at least 1 year of experience, you’ll play a crucial role in maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the financial records. Your responsibilities will include:
- Processing and coding a high volume of purchase invoices.
- Matching delivery notes to purchase invoices and resolving discrepancies.
- Handling bank payments and receipts, including regular direct debits.
- Generating weekly and monthly supplier payment runs.
- Reviewing supplier statements and collaborating with suppliers to address missing invoices.
- Reconciling revenue payment streams and managing cash from cash registers.
- Monitoring and following up on overdue payments for credit account customers.
- Performing bank reconciliations for multiple bank accounts/payment sources.
- Processing and posting credit card transactions based on completed analysis.
- Managing accruals, prepayments, and other relevant journals.
- Processing and recording financial transactions accurately and efficiently.
- Assisting in the preparation of financial reports and statements.
- Collaborating with the finance team to ensure smooth day-to-day operations.
What You’ll Bring:
To excel as our Accounts Assistant, you’ll need:
- Prior experience in a similar role.
- Proficiency in Exchequer or a similar accounting system.
- Strong numerical skills and a keen eye for detail.
- An accounting qualification or progress towards one (AAT/ICB or similar).
- A collaborative mindset and strong communication skills.
- The ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and manage a busy schedule.
- Strong problem-solving skills and adaptability to changing circumstances.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
How to Apply:
If you’re a dedicated, detail-oriented Accounts Assistant ready for this exciting opportunity, we invite you to apply today. Please submit your CV to
Xpress Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. All candidates registering with Xpress Recruitment will need to provide proof of identity, eligibility to work in UK and any relevant qualifications and references.