Options Autism are hiring Support Workers in the Dumfriesshire region!
Role: Support Worker
Salary: Up to £12.36 per hour (dependent on experience/qualifications)
Hours: Full-time, Permanent (39 hours per week)
Location: Closeburn, Dumfriesshire
Essential: A full Driving Licence and the Right to Work in the UK
How we reward you
We want our occupants to have the best care possible, and therefore you’ll receive an exceptional rewards package including:
- Basic Salary:
- Qualified Support Worker: £12.36 per hour
- Unqualified Support Worker: £11.07 per hour
- Sleep-ins paid at £45.00 per night
- ‘Journey to Management’ programme (all qualifications funded by us!)
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And market leading benefits offered through our Flexible Benefits Platform Vista that enable you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad, to use at high street stores, events, cinemas, restaurants and more!
- Critical illness cover
The best part is you don’t need any prior experience, just the following:
- A big heart and passion to make a difference to the occupants’ lives.
- Patience, resilience, and calmness.
Some of your duties would include:
- Supporting the occupants to appointments and activities such as shopping or trips out
- Completing relevant paperwork
- Undertaking household tasks
- Engage our occupants in tasks and activities
Holistic Childcare and Education consists of two accommodations, Closeburn House and Maben House.
Closeburn House is an eleven bed registered accommodation, supporting individuals from the ages of 10 – 16 years and is based in Closeburn. Maben House is a ten bed registered accommodation, supporting individuals from the ages of 6 – 16 years and is based in Lochmaben. Both are within commuting distance of Dumfries, Lockerbie and surrounding towns and villages
Both homes are dedicated to build incredible futures by giving the occupants opportunities, developing their life skills and personal interests.
Your work will be challenging and rewarding in equal measure. Working in a residential environment where we maintain a strong safeguarding culture, individuals are listened to, respected, and involved in as many decisions as possible.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for individuals with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person-centred approach to education and support, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
How to Apply
- Click Apply and follow the on-screen instructions
- Visit our website at jobs/ where you can sort all of our live vacancies to find one that is most relevant to you – Search by Role, Location or even distance to your own home to find your perfect job!
Options Autism is part of Outcomes First Group. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to a free fully Enhanced PVG and reimbursement of the Update Service Fee.