Main Purpose of role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join us in our Scotland region. The main base will be from our regional head office near Glasgow, and due to the nature of the role it will involve some travel throughout the region. The successful candidate will work to ensure that the Commercial department runs smoothly by taking full responsibility for all surveying activities on a number of High Risk/Complex housing developments from the initial procurement phase through to final account ensuring at all times they are working in full compliance with the companies policies and procedures.
- The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be involved in setting, monitoring and delivery of budgets. They will place orders, produce accurate and timely reports for the business, and forecast cost of materials required for our builds. They will liaise with subcontractors, site staff and other departments to ensure communication and collaboration is at its highest. They will work with the Commercial Manager to ensure the junior members of the team are provided with the necessary guidance and support to be successful in their role.
- Setting, monitoring and delivery of budgets
- The placing of orders, payments, and production of accurate and timely reports for the business
- To work closely with the departments Commercial Manager/Managing Quantity Surveyor in ensuring the junior members of the team are provided with the necessary guidance/support to support their progression
- Price/forecast the cost of the different materials required
- Liaise with the subcontractors, site staff and other departments to ensure communication and collaboration is at its highest
- Protect the company s legal and contractual obligations
- Increase trade contractor base
- Tender for all risk Road, Sewers, and Plot works, negotiate for best value package and present for approval
- Any other reasonable management request
Skills, Knowledge, Experience
We are looking for someone who fits with our core values here at Keepmoat; they will be passionate about the building industry and have previous experience in a similar role. They will be collaborative and confident building relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. They will be creative and bring a flexible and agile approach to their work. They will be solutions focused and work in a straightforward way to ensure the commercial team within the region meets its targets.
Education and Qualifications
The successful candidate will hold the relevant industry qualifications; RICS and a surveying degree or HND.
If this sounds like you, please apply now. As the above is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, for more information including a full job description and person specification, please contact us.