What Are We Looking For?
Owing to continued sustainable growth, our in-house Design team is looking for Senior Electrical Engineers to join the established team in Edinburgh, working within our Water Technologies and asset management business. You will take on a fully supported leading role in all aspects of projects, from scoping and detailed design through to implementation, ensuring compliance with client specifications and current regulatory standards, with a strong focus on low-carbon solutions.
RSE is in an incredibly strong position in the marketplace with 4 years worth of work already secured. Some typical projects you will be working on across Scotland include legacy PLC/control system replacements (utilising our in-house SI capability), legacy MCC replacements, newbuild water treatment plants as well as MEICA upgrades to existing plants.
As part of industry-leading multi-disciplined project teams, some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading and developing industry leading electrical and instrumentation/control concept and detailed designs
- Close liaison across our multi-disciplined engineering teams
- Leading and participating in safety studies (Hazop) etc.
- Leading the EICA engineering input to and review of design solutions for MCC, PLC and instrumentation from suppliers both within and outwith the RSE group
- Working with our in-house construction and commissioning teams to ensure we deliver a high quality solution to our clients
- Providing technical guidance on EICA matters to the wider project team and Senior Management
- Mentoring and developing the next generation of EICA Engineering talent
What Do You Need?
- Degree/HND/HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Successful (or in progress) Professional Registration with IET, InstMC or similar (IEng, CEng)
- Driving License
- A passion to succeed and develop your career
- Knowledge of British and European design standards.
- A proven track record for a minimum of 5 years as an Electrical Engineer in both a design office and a construction environment within the water (or related process) industry.
Who Are We?
RSE is a market leader in delivering engineered solutions for the treatment & purification of water. We offer the design, build and maintenance of water treatment and water recycling equipment with a focus on driving innovative carbon neutral technologies. Delivering products and services to clients across the UK, our unique offering to the market focuses on efficiency and excellence in preserving the world s most important resource.
Established in 1982, RSE has grown into one of the most prominent MEICA engineering businesses in the UK water industry. We have created a complete in-house and full-service capability from project inception through to design, fabrication, and delivery by means of installation and commissioning. We additionally have one of the largest servicing and maintenance teams in the market, to ensure we re on hand for all our clients needs.
Our service offering presents industry-leading innovative solutions and our dedicated staff play a key role in delivering our sustainability and wider business goals. With over 1500 staff across our group of companies, our strategic ambition will see the business continue to grow as we expand our operations and diversify our products. One of RSE s key focuses is driving servant leadership and giving our people the opportunity and responsibility to take an entrepreneurial approach in their career development.
What RSE Offer
To build successful teams and drive the level of quality that RSE is renowned for, we know we need the best people in the industry. Not only do we require the relevant skillsets, but we also need people with the right attitude and mentality to thrive and grow in such an innovative industry. At RSE, you ll be given every opportunity to set the path of your own career through our Business Streams and work in an environment that will require you to rise to the challenge of working for a market leader.
- Industry leading salary
- A flexible career development path, with no restrictions on where your career can go
- Holiday Allowance of 31 days per year, rising to 33 days per year after 2 years service
- Holiday Buy / Sell Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work
- Discounted National Gym Membership
- Professional Fees Paid
- Employee Discount Platform
- EV/Hybrid Car Lease Scheme
- Access to our network of health professionals including mental health champions and occupational health nurse
In a flourishing sector where there are vast career opportunities available, we believe our niche offering to the market means our people have the space to thrive and innovate our industry. If you re interested in a career with a company that will harness your skills and provides you with the support to create your own future, then please apply. We re excited to take you on the journey and continue to grow as the UK water industry s contractor of choice.