-Salary to £50,000
Fantastic opportunity to the market for one of the UK’s leading manufacturers in their space are now seeking a seasoned Network Security professional. My client are at the forefront of innovation, continuously evolving and improving their products and services and now need additional Cyber Security resource to work across the business throughout a period of growth and evolution.
This highly visible role, reporting directly straight into the IT Director will be responsible for guiding the IT team across best practice procedures and ensuring network security access. The role will involve protecting the network against unauthorised access, modifications, or destruction.
As Network Security Administrator you will ensure the network’s security and maintain and troubleshoot issues across the company’s security solutions. You will work with the IT Management team to assess and improve IT Security Solutions, as well as training up more junior members of the team where appropriate.
- Installing, administering, and troubleshooting network security solutions.
- Updating software with the latest security patches
- Performing vulnerability and penetration tests
- Developing disaster recovery plans.
- Configuring security systems, analysing security requirements and recommending improvements.
- Monitoring network traffic for suspicious behaviour.
- Creating and implementing network policies and authorisation.
- Consulting around the best security practices and providing technical advice.
- Configuring and supporting security tools, such as Firewalls, anti-virus software and intrusion detection systems.
- Staff training around security protocols.
- A strong understanding and knowledge of computer, network, and security systems.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a cyber-security related role.
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco networking devices
- Meraki networking experience preferred.
- Microsoft Active Directory experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Own car and clean licence required.
- CCNA certification
- Prince 2 methodology knowledge/experience a plus
The above is not exhaustive. Please forward your CV to discuss this requirement in more detail to (see below)