Global Highland is working on behalf of a leading construction company specialising in ground engineering and construction services worldwide. With a rich history of delivering high-quality projects across various sectors, they are committed to excellence, innovation, and sustainability. As they continue to expand their operations, we are seeking a diligent and experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their dynamic team.
- Commercial management / contract administration of the project;
- Work closely with the Project Commercial team;
- Preparation and presentation of internal and external commercial reports;
- To the extent possible, manage the Commercial aspects of the project to enable it to be completed on time, within budget and to the correct standards;
- Preparation of payment applications and internal cash flow reporting;
- Preparation and operation of sub-contracts and supplier agreements;
- On-going cost reporting for the allocation project;
- Preparing quotations, claims, assessments, and forecasts for future work;
- Regular liaison with the project teams to ensure rights for compensation events or claims are upheld;
- Regular liaison with the Client to ensure excellent relationships are built and maintained, and issues identified and resolved where possible, primarily with the Commercial team.
- Weekly and monthly reporting as per Clients requirements;
- Tracking project performance and data;
- Working with the team to collate data;
- Analysis of data;
- Preparation of forecasts;
- Maintaining contract records and correspondence;
- Assist with the drafting and development of sub-contracts;
- Submit the weekly cost control report on time includes a detailed review of the project costings and update the project progress and forecast details.
Skills and abilities:
- Strong work ethic, takes personal responsibility for their work, meets deadlines, sets the right example for others, and displays honesty and integrity;
- Natural problem solver;
- Effective communication skills including writing reports and presenting;
- Positive attitude, constructive thinking and able to adjust to change;
- Attention to detail, with an enquiring mind, not afraid to ask questions, seek assistance or challenge.
- Work within rules and regulations of professional competence and code of conduct as defined by a professional institution.
- Apply attributes of equality and diversity to meet the requirements of fairness at work.
- Proven experience in a similar and varied roles;
- Relevant degree qualification preferred but not essential;
- Good knowledge and operating experience of NEC forms of contract;
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Excel & Word);
- Full driving licence;
- Experience in a Civil or Geotechnical engineering and contracting sectors.