What Are We Looking For
Following continued success, RSE is looking for a Project Engineer with a keen interest in project delivery and management to join our Edinburgh office on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for the delivery of projects and manage the performance of projects end-to-end. This will require supervision of operational sites and their delivery teams, including Project Engineers, Site Managers, Supervisors and Sub-Contractors.
This position would ideally suit someone with the ambition to take on challenges and deliver results, with the support of an experienced team. You ll be afforded the opportunity to be at the forefront of engaging with clients for our various frameworks, as well as benefit from access to an in-house design team to provide technical solutions in real-time.
Some of your key duties include:
- Project liaison from enquiry stage to final acceptance and documentation, meeting with Clients as required to discuss specific requirements and carry out site surveys as required.
- Instructing, directing, controlling and allocating work to Trade Operatives & Apprentices, with attention to quality, productivity and safety.
- Ensure all technical information is available when required for the delivery of design and/or construction.
- Interpret and check drawings, specifications and schedules for all activities, directing works accordingly & prepare final documentation (As Built Drawings etc.).
- Early Identification and resolution of non-conformance within both the design and construction phase
- Manage the design of systems and products, ensuring alignment with design specifications and technical aspects.
- Completion of contract documents
- Management of Project Quality deliverables and procedures ensuring compliance with Internal and Client Quality Systems.
- Input to Tender, design and construction programmes including progress updates and reporting.
- Subcontractor liaison, management including tender specification, quotation and H&S documentation review and appraisal.
- Preparation of Construction Phase Health and Safety Plans for projects with Principal Contractor responsibility under CDM.
What do you need?
- Qualification to degree / HND/ HNC in Engineering or equivalent.
- Proven track record in Project Management, with an Engineering or Supervisory background.
- Good time management, with the ability to multitask, plan and organise day to day workloads within a busy environment.
- Good communication skills in both verbal and written communication and ability to follow, interpret and explain technical instructions.
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to all engineering trades, particularly Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Engineering.
- Driven, with an ability to work individually and with teams under your direction.
- Innovative thinking, with and ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
Who Are We?
RSE is a market leader in delivering engineered solutions for the treatment & purification of water. We offer the design, build and maintenance of water treatment and water recycling equipment with a focus on driving innovative carbon neutral technologies. Delivering products and services to clients across the UK, our unique offering to the market focuses on efficiency and excellence in preserving the world s most important resource.
Established in 1982, RSE has grown into one of the most prominent MEICA engineering businesses in the UK water industry. We have created a complete in-house and full-service capability from project inception through to design, fabrication, and delivery by means of installation and commissioning. We additionally have one of the largest servicing and maintenance teams in the market, to ensure we re on hand for all our clients needs.
Our service offering presents industry-leading innovative solutions and our dedicated staff play a key role in delivering our sustainability and wider business goals. With over 1600 staff across our group of companies, our strategic ambition will see the business continue to grow as we expand our operations and diversify our products. One of RSE s key focuses is driving servant leadership and giving our people the opportunity and responsibility to take an entrepreneurial approach in their career development.
What RSE Offer
To build successful teams and drive the level of quality that RSE is renowned for, we know we need the best people in the industry. Not only do we require the relevant skillsets, but we also need people with the right attitude and mentality to thrive and grow in an innovative and fast-paced environment. At RSE, you ll be given every opportunity to set the path of your own career through our Business Streams and work within dynamic teams that will require you to rise to the challenge of working for a market leader.
- Industry-leading salary based on your experience.
- A flexible career development path, with no restrictions on where your career can go.
- Holiday Allowance of 31 days per year, rising to 33 days per year after 2 years service.
- Holiday Buy / Sell Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work
- Discounted National Gym Membership
- Professional Fees Paid
- Employee Discount Platform
- EV/Hybrid Car Lease Scheme
- Access to our network of health professionals including mental health champions and Occupational Health Nurse.
In a flourishing sector where there are vast career opportunities available, we believe by leading transformation in the industry our offering to the market means our people have the space to thrive.
If you re interested in a career with a company that will harness your skills and provide you with the support to create your own future within the water industry, apply now