Job Title: Principal Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Scotstoun and Govan, Glasgow, we also offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead & Manage teams of Manufacturing Engineers to deliver activities: manufacturing instructions, design reviews, facility and tool capability requirements, Develop Bill of Materials and Installation Sequence
- Resource manage & talent manage within the team(s) obo ME Mgr
- Utilise Delegation of Authority to task the team appropriately
- Manage schedule, budget and scope of ME tasks
- Manage stakeholders and Act as technical lead in manufacturing sub-discipline
Your skills and experiences:
- Previous experience in Process Planning, NC Programming, Tool Definition, Quality Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Continuous Improvement System Implementations or Facility Investment activities
- Project and task management skills in coordinating and delivering successful activities with good interpersonal, facilitating and stakeholder management skills
- To understand and interpret requirements, specifications and engineering outputs including Models and drawings, Understanding cost, quality and schedule drivers and their interactions.
- Understanding Lean Principles and appropriate selection/selection
- To understand tolerance and variation management principles and to apply or challenge appropriately
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Manufacturing Team:
As a Principal Manufacturing Engineer, you will lead and manage a team of manufacturing engineers responsible for delivering highly complex, cross discipline projects. You will utilise your extensive knowledge and experience to guarantee delivery of Manufacturing Engineering outputs into Manufacturing Operations that ensure design intent can be met. The role holder will understand functional and business requirements to assist in delivery of projects. You will take on resource management tasks in support of your ME Manager As the Lead, you will utilise your delegation authority to task the team members appropriately.
In return, this role will give you the opportunity to collaborate and integrate with Design Engineering, Detail Planning and Quality with Operations to make Naval Ships a more efficient and professional organisation to achieve existing and future contracts.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 29th February 2024 – Interviews for this position will be expected to take place the W/C 4th March.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.