Our unique, Edinburgh based client, who are currently going through an exciting growth phase, has a permanent opportunity for a Lead Electronic Product Evaluation and Characterisation Engineer.
We want to hear from engineers with strong electronic product evaluation and characterisation experience to help our client bring their exciting new products to market. We need you to have the ability to lead these skills from the ground up – therefore this is an excellent opportunity for you to own this area of the business!
You will make an impact by:
Helping our client to define and drive the component and system level evaluation and characterisation activities. As a validation champion, you will be responsible for the measurement of the performance of our client’s products, generating the data required to complete their data sheets and working with the design team to understand the behaviour of the product.
You’ll thrive if you have:
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or Physics with significant experience of working in the electronic or optoelectronic domains
- Able to define and develop evaluation and characterisation methodologies
- Create validation plans and deliver thorough and accurate measurement data
- Ability to evaluate, characterise and troubleshoot designs in the lab
- Mixed signal and RF modulation techniques experience
- Minimum of 5 years evaluation experience given you will need to lead this new area of the business. We are not looking for an individual contributor, need someone who can own/lead in this area/had previous responsibility for looking after a small team. You need to have the ability to influence other engineers
- Experience of writing technical reports on the performance of electronic components and systems
- Have significant experience of testing complex network/communications products including system level testing
- Have a breadth of knowledge of a wide range of technical disciplines such as Optoelectronics, Software and Firmware
- Have the ability to work within and influence multi-disciplinary technical teams
- Enjoy being part of a close-knit team and learning from those around you, but can also work independently and are hands on to solve problems as they emerge
- Have a well-developed attention to detail
- Are a natural born problem solver who enjoys finding issues, bugs and problems and take them through to resolution
- Have strong working knowledge of networking concepts and electronics test/fault finding
Our client offers a very desirable salary and benefits package along with a 35 hour week over a 4 day period with flexible home working.
To apply please contact: