Contract opportunity for a Hardware Management Engineer/Developer (Linux/Scripting) to join a large IaaS team within the infrastructure division of this global business.
You’ll be involved in managing the global virtual and physical infrastructure – managing deployments and integrations of numerous products and hardware. This role will suit candidates coming from a Hardware Engineering background, or perhaps someone with experience of Embedded systems.
Key tasks will include:-
- Managing/deploying to production environments
- Security principles and system hardening
- Automate tooling to manage large scale environments
You’ll likely have skills in most of the following:-
- Linux, O/S and networking
- Any knowledge of x86 hardware and peripherals, including Out of Band or Lights out Management
- Ability to write robust code in Python, Perl or similar collaborating with other engineers and developers following Agile practices.
- Troubleshooting skills across hardware, O/S, network, and storage.
- Awareness of enterprise-scale server management platforms (eg HP OneView, Lenovo XClarity or the Redfish API standards)
- Any familiarity with C, UNIX system calls, and other low-level technologies
- Skills in modern development tools and Agile/DevOps practices including Git, Jenkins, automated testing, and continuous deployment
This role will be hybrid with 2-3 days per week in office in Glasgow with the rest remote so must be able to be located nearby.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.