Maintenance Manager – Lingerton, Lochgilphead
£43,016.66 per annum
Monday to Friday 40 hours per week
Are you an experienced Maintenance Manager and looking for your next opportunity then we might have the role for you! You will be responsible for primarily maintenance inspections and routine repairs within all areas of the site including static plant and machinery to ensure utmost reliability and safety whilst reducing downtime events on critical assets.
Safety is our number one priority here at Renewi. SHEQ isn’t just an acronym for us, it is paramount to the way we operate. You will form part of a small team as well as managing the Maintenance Technician so you must be flexible and willing to take on tasks outside of the role profile when required.
We are at the center of creating a circular economy and to do this we are always creating new and innovative ways of working. This role will allow you to lead and support continuous improvement initiatives and be proactive in the development of practices and systems.
Your key responsibilities:
• Effectively manage the day to day running of your assigned shift and deployment of resource to maximise output.
• Diagnosis of running faults and ensuring effective repairs and improvements are conducted within minimum time scale.
• Carrying out plant upgrades and modifications to the required standards.
• Reporting and documenting all work carried out.
• Maintain a list and stock of critical spares to support any response needed to plant failure or preventative maintenance initiatives.
• Anticipate machine failures and make such changes or recommendations to prevent reoccurrence to reduce downtime to a minimum.
• Ensuring SHEQ standards are strictly maintained and all related documentation is completed.
• Ensures contract runs in compliance with internal and external safety / environmental / permit / planning processes and procedures, as well as any contract requirements.
• Assist the maintenance department in identifying annual lifecycle requirements, preparation of capital applications and business case papers for non-lifecycle capital purchases.
Essential criteria for the Maintenance Manager role:
• The role involves a great deal of planned & reactive maintenance on conveyors, magnet belts, eddy current separators in enclosed/restricted spaces & working on overhead cranes (heights) so being fit and healthy is an advantage
• Recognised Apprenticeship, Multi Skilled Engineer with relevant qualifications ONC/NVQ 3 discipline level.
• Experience of working with and first line management of small teams.
• Waste Processing equipment knowledge
• Proven track record of delivering continuous improvement within an operational environment
• Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of working within a time critical process environment
• Full UK car driving licence
What do we offer you?
• A competitive salary with an enhanced employer contribution pension plan
• Enhanced employer contribution pension plan
• 34 days’ annual leave entitlement including statutory holidays
• Access to our Sharesave scheme – Your chance to own shares in the business you work so hard for
• Numerous opportunities for career development, we have a history of promoting from within
• Access to Renewi wellbeing and reward platform from Day 1
• Varying job in an international, dynamic organization in which you can continue to develop yourself and with freedom for own input that is taken into account.
Will you become our new Maintenance Manager?
Want to know more? Please contact our Talent Acquisition team today!
Perhaps this job is not for you, but you know someone who would be interested? Please feel free to share this vacancy.
Who are we?
We exclusively focus on extracting value from waste
Our vision is to be the leading waste-to-product company in the world’s most advanced circular economies – contributing to a sustainable society for all key stakeholders: customers, suppliers, local communities, employees, regulators, Governments, investors and lenders.
What do we mean by waste-to-product? At Renewi, we exclusively focus on extracting value from waste rather than on its disposal through mass burn incineration or landfill.
Of the 14 million tonnes of waste we handle a year, 89% is either recycled or used for energy recovery.