Operational Adviser – Finance Admin Officer – Edinburgh
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance Assistant to work for a large Public Sector organisation in Edinburgh. You will be involved in a large finance team that deals with a variety of issues but focusing on Payroll and Accounts Payable.
This Operational Advisor (Admin Officer) role forms part of the Governance & Operational Finance team which has a focus on:
- the management and control of all transactional processing (accounts payable, accounts receivable, treasury and payroll – including GP’s and vocational dental practitioners)
- production of returns, annual accounts and other statutory returns
- managing the design, implementation and supervision of financial controls to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and integrity of systems and processes
This Operational Advisor (Admin Officer) post is responsible for aspects of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and Treasury.
Key tasks will include but will not be limited to:
- Dealing with payroll updates, conducting variance checks
- Processing manual expenses claims
- Making supplier payments
- Posting bank transactions and income
- Credit Control
- Routine and non-routine enquires in all areas
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age