JA1097 – Mobile Multi Skilled Service Engineer Core Mechanical / Heating / Gas
Location – Glasgow
Salary – £Competitive
Hours Monday Friday 39 hours
We are currently recruiting for a Mobile Multi Skilled Engineer with core Mechanical/Heating & Gas skills to join our clients FM team. The successful candidate will carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Maintenance and extra works/emergencies in accordance with the contract requirements on Mechanical and Electrical Services.
Aims and Objectives:
- To focus on the expected team behaviours for achieving significant results and outcomes for the business, helping the Company to maintain its leading-edge status within the industry and our reputation with our customers.
- Always ensure adherence to Health and Safety
- To be responsive and co-operative and achieve the required tasks set
- Be part of a cohesive working team which aim to provide a high level of service to the client
- To carry out PPM in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the Plant and associated electrical and mechanical systems.
- Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
- To ensure on-site Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated the electrical and mechanical aspects of the PPM and plant.
- To respond in a prompt and effective manner to all electrically and mechanically related reactive maintenance issues and help desk requests.
- To co-ordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client.
- To co-ordinate visiting specialist sub-contractors associated with electrical and mechanical aspects of the PPM schedules.
- To respond to call outs and cover breakdowns and emergencies associated with the electrical and mechanical services aspects of the contract as required.
- Electrical and mechanical fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance of the site.
- Repair of electrical systems and controls associated with Heating and Ventilation Building Services.
- Repair and maintenance of lighting and distribution systems.
- Repair and maintenance of Gas, Plumbing, or Mechanical systems
- Assist other trades as necessary.
- To attend monthly site meetings as required.
- To provide reports in relation to work and equipment as required.
- To undertake miscellaneous duties as requested by the Client.
- To proactively work towards the growth of the contract into other service provisions be they Mechanical or Electrical, Like for Like lifecycle replacements, Project works, FM Soft Services etc
Skills & Experience:
- City & Guilds Parts SVQ 2/3 IN Service & Maintenance or recognised equivalent; or
- Service & Maintenance Apprenticeship gained within the building maintenance industry; or recognised apprenticeship as a heating engineer / plumber
- Health and Safety Training
- GCSE (or O Level equivalent) passes in Maths and English or recognised equivalent
- Experience with similar maintenance duties including fault diagnosis and rectification.
- Experience in the Electrical aspects of general building PPM schedules
- Experience in electrical installation, repair, and maintenance work
- Must be Gas Safe qualified COCN1, CORT1, CIGA1, ICPN1, TPCP1/A, CPA1
- IPAF Operators Licence 3a + 3b
- PASMA operators certificate
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience in computer PPM management systems (Concept 5000 and Evolution )
- 18th Edition Institute of Electrical Engineers (I.E.E) Registration or recognised equivalent
- Supervisory experience for future development
- Experience in BMS, Automatic Controls, Building Automation Systems
- ACOP L8 Control of Legionella
- Compliant on F Gas, C&G Level 2 Category 1 ODS Regulations
- Appointed mechanical authorised person ( AP )
- Private Medical Cover via Vitality Health opportunity to add family members at additional cost.
- Company Pension scheme.
- Death in service benefit
- Substantial Employee referral scheme
- Career Progression and development opportunities
- Credit Union Scheme
- Holiday Purchase Scheme up to 2 weeks per year
- Company Van
- Salary sacrifice scheme (open to all employees)
- Additional Birthday holiday
- 25 days holiday entitlement + 8 days bank holiday
- Long service holiday after qualifying period (commencing after 2 years & up to 2 additional days)