RECRUITMENTiQ is working in partnership with a well-established, Private Equity backed SME, pallet distribution and logistics company based in Glasgow, is looking for a high calibre Financial Controller to join their senior finance team on a permanent basis – at a period of significant investment to access a variety of exciting growth opportunities.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the Finance and HR Director and taking full responsibility for the accounts department on a day-to-day basis. You will report directly to the Finance Director.
- Day-to-day management of the finance function including overseeing the accounts team.
- Overseeing preparation of monthly financial and management accounts including detailed analysis and commentary for Finance Director.
- Preparation and oversight of the monthly P&L and balance sheet reconciliations with Finance Director.
- Provide full support to Finance Director for budgeting and forecast process.
- Cashflow forecasting and day to day management to assist FD ensuring capital requirements are met.
- Production of year end Stats accounts including support for external auditors alongside Finance Director.
- Optimise existing systems and provide assistance to the Finance Director in selecting or implementing appropriate systems and software.
- Assist and collaborate with Finance Director on projects.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable leadership skills are all essential to the role
- Cross-functional working and development of strategic offerings
- Excellent communicator, who is inspirational and has gravitas
- Takes on full involvement in a P&L from a financial perspective
- The capability to successfully manage and support an accounts team
- The capability to support the Director of Finance and HR
- A hands-on approach and keen interest in operational Finance and site management
- Good commercial and business awareness
- An enquiring mind
- Good problem solving and prioritisation
- Excellent people skills
- Good IT skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Honesty and integrity
- Good work ethic
- Resilient and confident
- Competitive salary
- Free onsite parking
- Access to company cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced annual leave (33 days)
As a team, we work closely together to exceed expectations and provide the highest level of service to our clients and suppliers.
The position requires a clear and concise communicator, who is confident, skilled in multitasking, and committed to their work. It is desirable that you possess a strong time management skill, as well as knowledge and experience in finance with evidence of a successful work history.
To be considered, please submit your CV along with a covering letter.