Our client, a manufacturing company to the east of Edinburgh, are looking for an Accounting Manager to join their team. This role has good flexibility and can be a full time or part time position (minimum of 20 hours per week ) Hybrid working is available with a weekly visit to the office and an early finish on friday . Other benefits include 26 days holiday plus bank hols and company pension scheme.
Reporting to the FC the ideal candidate will have the ability to prioritise their own and the accounts teams workload. There is a small accounts team which offers a great opportunity for promotion and development as the business grows.
- Prepare and review monthly management accounts and commentary to reflect business performance
- Preparation of regular cashflow and profit and loss forecasting
- Assist in the preparation, review and sign off year end accounts including liaison with the auditors
- Preparation of detailed financial analysis, including KPI analysis at a firm, group, partner team, and individual level
- Assist with preparation of vat returns
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and budgeted cashflows
- Assist with preparation of monthly payroll
- To help organise and manage office filing, accounting & CRM systems and improve these in line with ongoing business requirements
- To manage cashflow including debtors and creditors
- Assist the FC in the preparation of monthly / quarterly management reports
- To support the admin function
- At least five years’ experience of working in a business accounting role, preferably in a manufacturing or sales organisation.
- Skilled in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Part qualified CIMA or ACCA
- Experience of working within a small office or commercial environment and skilled using a digital accounts system such as Sage, Xero, Quickbooks and other cloud based accounting software.
- Experience of CRM / ERP software
- Computerised payroll processing experience