The Scottish Qualifications Authority is Scotland’s national awarding and accreditation body. We are trusted to oversee thousands of qualifications that are available in schools, colleges and workplaces, not just in this country, but around the world.
We are looking for a Finance Business Partner to work within the Finance team. This role will ensure that the finance strategy is delivered across systems, reporting, processes and people with in a given business area.
The successful candidate will be required to lead the improvement of financial management and decision making within a large operational business area and to influence the development of first class financial controls and reporting within the business area. In order to do this you must be able to demonstrate experience in the following specific duties:
- Responsible for the end-to-end management accounting process within the business area to include accurate forecasting and thorough variance analysis to enable budget holders to effectively gauge the financial performance of their area of responsibility
- Plan, co-ordinate, communicate and monitor the business area budgeting and forecasting processes to enable the provision of information to agreed corporate deadlines while continually challenging budget holder assumptions
- Develop, implement and evaluate financial management information held in corporate systems in order to provide accurate and timely information to support the business area operational plans, corporate objectives and strategic goals
- Develop models and medium-term financial planning for the business area and the wider organisation in order to ensure the provision of information on which decisions are based
Additionally you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all senior staff and attend Executive Team/senior team meetings to add value by explaining/communicating and if necessary, interpreting complex financial issues
- Proactively provide detailed advice, guidance and training to non-financial staff in respect of financial processes and procedures to ensure a comprehensive understanding of expectations and to ensure compliance with policy
- Continuously improve the finance processes to improve the customer experience and develop and implement new processes where appropriate
Applicants, as a minimum, should be educated to SCQF Level 9 (degree at an acceptable level in a financial discipline) and be a qualified accountant associated with one of the CCAB accounting bodies with at least 2 years post qualification experience.
In return, SQA offer a fantastic benefits package for your talent. These include but are not limited to a career average pension scheme; staff well-being and health assistance programmes; development opportunities and 27 days annual leave in addition to 14 days public holiday.
If you think you’ve got the skills, knowledge and experience required to succeed in this exciting opportunity please apply below.
SQA welcomes applications from every section of the community. SQA has a Gaelic Language Plan and is committed to its purpose.
Tha Plana Gàidhlig aig SQA agus tha sinn a’ creidsinn gu h-àrachdach agus na h-amasan a tha air cur a-mach sa Phlana Nàiseanta don Ghàidhlig.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and encourage applications from all members of the community. We are committed to the Disability Confident Initiative and offer a guaranteed interview to any applicant who considers themself to be disabled and who meets the competency requirements for the post.