Parker Technical Services is part of the Edwin James Group, a leading independently owned property and infrastructure support services company delivering integrated building and facilities management services.
We are on a mission to expand our business and push the boundaries within the Facilities Maintenance (FM) Industry. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Estimator to join our Business Development Team.
This role is key to the future development and success in delivering continuous new business and identifying future opportunities in both competitive and direct client engagement tenders.
- Ensure FM tenders are estimated in line with requirements.
- Regulate to make sure that the commercial sign off process is applied to all tender submissions for our FM business.
- Prepare a bottom-up pricing utilising SFG20 or customer specific PPM, reactive and small works project requirements.
- Consult with sub-contractors to establish a price for specialist works that can be delivered by external partners.
- Work with the FM Ops Director to identify areas where cost can be reduced whilst maintaining service standards and hitting SLA s and KPI s.
- Occasionally visit client locations as required and take part in offsite meetings.
Skills & Experience
- Proven track record as an Estimator, ideally within a Hard Services background, working across different market sectors.
- Knowledge of Facilities Maintenance would be preferred; however we would consider this role for Estimators who have worked within Financial and Commercial Backgrounds.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to analyse large volumes of data.
- Ability to convert data and has strong communication skills to present information to Senior Management Team and other Stakeholders within the business.
- Support the wider Business Development Team and other stakeholders as required.
- Have experience working across a variety of FM estimating models.
- Proficient in MS Packages, knowledge of Power Bi & SQL would be advantageous.
- Educated to a Degree level within a relevant industry or relevant experience.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary offered dependant on experience.
- Car Allowance in line with company benefits package.
- 25 days annual leave, along with all Bank Holidays.
- Career development Focus, with clear opportunities for progression.
- Peer to Peer Recognition Scheme
- Free onsite parking
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.