Environment and Sustainability Manager
50,000 – 60,000 + Car and Excellent Benefits
We’re delighted to be working with a high-profile civil engineering company, to recruit an Environment and Sustainability Manager within their infrastructure division. This will be a multi-site role, predominantly focussing on highways projects across the wider Perth region. Joining a team, this role will be working with internal and external stakeholders, to deliver a variety of environment and sustainability initiatives.
The organisation has a good track record of successful delivery on high-profile construction and infrastructure projects and the environmental agenda has always been core to their operations.
Responsibilities of the Environment and Sustainability Manager will include:
- Working closely with clients and senior leadership, to ensure the delivery of sustainability initiatives, including Net Zero Carbon, across a range of projects
- Monitoring and maintaining compliance, providing tailored advice to a range of professionals with varying levels of environmental knowledge
- Conducting site visits and audits, identifying environmental risks and opportunities to drive improvements, and deliver training where required
- Act as a main point of contact for the environmental sustainability program with key stakeholders including clients, contractors and regulators
The successful Environment and Sustainability Manager requires:
- Demonstrable environmental and sustainability experience, ideally within infrastructure, civils engineering, construction or a related sector
- Experience working in highways is a strong advantage
- Qualified to degree level, or equivalent, in an appropriate environmental discipline
- Ideally hold a professional membership with a recognised environmental body (IEMA, CIEEM, CIWEM)
- A passion for excellence, and an ambition to grow and develop a career within the environmental space
The role will involve the communication of ideas throughout the organisation, the ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders is essential. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leader, in their sector, and effect real change through forward thinking schemes. The position will include travel, a valid UK driving license is required.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Isla Robson on or (phone number removed) or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the Environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Senior Advisor, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Advisor positions.