JA1274 Electrical Engineer (Dairy)
Location – Dumfries
Salary – £Negotiable
Hours – Monday Friday 39 hours per week with O/T and on call.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior/Lead Engineer to join our client s expanding business. This is an excellent opportunity for an Engineer with the aspiration of becoming a Lead/Senior Engineer to join an industry leading business offering a long-term, stable future. Work will be varied, and the successful candidate will ideally have electrical and mechanical experience and knowledge of the dairy industry would be benifical.
The successful engineer will be someone that can grow into the role under the supervision of the current Lead Engineer where they will give technical backup to a team of 12 engineers. This will include being available on the phone outside normal work hours and weekends. This doesn t mean you will be called on every day or weekend but just when an engineer needs your assistance.
Our client is the leader in installations and maintenance of refrigeration and milking equipment in the dairy industry covering Southwest Scotland and Cumbria.
- Installation and maintenance of conventional and robotic milking systems.
- Work as part of a team with a flexible approach to work.
- Involved with projects from conception to completion.
- Take ownership and responsibility of designated tasks.
- Be available to give technical back up to other engineers.
- Perform software updates, preventative & corrective maintenance.
- Trouble shoot customer and engineers queries with telephone support and backup.
- To provide 24-hour break down support to customers on a rota basis.
- Provide accurate report writing on a daily and weekly basis.
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience as an Engineer.
- Electrical and Mechanical experience.
- Experience in the dairy industry (desirable).
- Experience of cow husbandry or passion to learn
- Experience in managing/leading teams.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve is essential.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Great benefits and pension scheme.
- Competitive Pay
- The company will assist with relocation for the successful Engineer if required.