Business Development Manager

June 21, 2024
£40000 - £40000
Urgent

Job Description

Description:

We are currently seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to join a well-established, growing family-run SME. The business is rapidly growing and has a growing range of environmental safety products that it sells B2B. It is envisaged that approximately 60% of the role is to primarily focus on existing account development, create and maintain relationships with customers, and build long-lasting partnerships face to face. The remaining 40% of the role is to focus on new business development. This role be will be fully remote but covering the Central belt of Scotland, up to Aberdeen. It is anticipated that 3 days a week will be client facing and two days a week working from home.

There is also the expectation to be in Northern Ireland once a month, at the company Head Office.

Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 (DOE)Benefits: Company vehicle, Bonus Scheme, Laptop & Mobile Provided, Extended Career Opportunities, Pension Scheme

Key duties and responsibilities:

  • Managing an established portfolio of existing key accounts, growing and retaining this business.
  • Finding new opportunities and developing new business relationships, primarily face to face but also over Teams, Zoom and telephone.
  • Building relationships with new contacts and companies.
  • Working with CRM, SAGE, Pipedrive etc.
  • Attending trade exhibitions relevant to the sector to support brand recognition and build new connections.

Requirements:

  • Experienced in face to face sales
  • Great telephone manner and confident speaker.
  • Proven B2B sales experience ideally in safety products/spill containment/PPE/Construction consumables.
  • Good working knowledge of IT packages such as Microsoft.
  • Good communication, presentation, calculation & literacy skills
  • Good time management and ability to manage own workload and work to deadlines.
  • Willingness to learn, act with integrity and work as a team player.

Location