Due to a period of growth, our client has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join their proactive office in Broxburn, West Lothian.
This is an internal sales position where you will be responsible for continuing the development and expansion of the company s product sales within Scotland, by pitching, networking, cold calling and other techniques to develop lasting relationships and progress potential customers orders.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- To service all customer enquires within your area – Scotland.
- Take a leading role in developing strategies and systems geared to winning orders.
- To foster and cement good relations with the Company s existing and potential customers with a view to increasing substantially the Company s share of the market.
- To seek out and introduce new business whenever possible.
- To pro-actively follow up quotations and customer enquiries, with the ultimate aim of conversion to order.
- Meet and exceed sales targets that may be set.
- Develop and maintain a robust pipeline to continually grow the order intake.
- To be aware of competitors prices/marketing policies and to recommend when appropriate such alterations in Company procedures in order to retain and improve market share.
- To work closely with the Sales advisor and other personnel.
- To liaise with other Departments in order to satisfactorily handle customers enquiries.
- To receive, log and acknowledge complaints received from customers and to forward them on to the Customer Service department.
- To take responsibility for keeping accurate and up to date customer database records on the CRM system.
- To assist in marketing programs as directed, with a view to obtaining new Sales Leads and making appointments with potential customers.
- Proven experience within a similar B2B Internal Sales position.
- Experience within Construction, Engineering or similar industries would be advantageous.
- Proficient in using CRM systems, together with Microsoft Packages.
- Highly motivated and proactive attitude.
- The ability to build working relationships with customers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
In return our client offers:
- An excellent salary and commission.
- Hours 35 hours pw Monday-Friday (there is some flexibility to work 8.30am-4.00pm or 4.30 pm or 9.00am to 5.00pm)
- Holidays 25 days plus public days
- Company Pension scheme company contribution is 6%
- Death in service scheme 2 x annual salary.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of response to our advertised roles we are unable to respond to all application’s.
Uber Recruit are acting as an Employment Agency for this position.