Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a permanent P6 Planner (Nuclear) based in Glasgow.
MUST HAVE SC CLEARANCE OR BE ELIGIBLE FOR SC CLEARANCE
We are seeking an experienced P6 Planner to provide Project planning support Nuclear Projects and Frameworks.
The P6 Planner is responsible for managing a team of planners that are responsible for the planning and scheduling all aspects of EPC projects, studies, and programmes of projects. This role includes supporting the team with developing and managing the project schedule, coordinating with the engineering, procurement, and construction teams, and monitoring the project’s progress to ensure that it is completed on time and within budget.
- Input to the cross-sector planning tool to ensure cross sector Histogram production to support resource management and allocation.
- Liaising with the discipline functions to ensure Progress, change and forecasts are captured within the plan.
- Liaising with the client and Project Management team to ensure visibility on the project schedule and milestone performance.
- Oversight of 3rd party planning activities to ensure subcontractor performance supports the project milestone delivery and is integrated into the master schedule.
- Develop and manage the project schedule, including the critical path and milestones.
- Coordinate with the engineering, procurement, and construction teams to ensure that the project schedule is feasible and achievable.
- Monitor the project’s progress to ensure that it is on track and within budget.
- Identify and mitigate risks to the project schedule.
- Communicate the project schedule to all stakeholders.
- Prepare and deliver status reports on the project schedule.
- Production of reports including S-curves, Productivity, Earned Value, Schedule Performance Indicator.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, project management, or a related field is preferred, but not essential.
- Strong background in planning and scheduling high-value complex projects
- Strong understanding of project management principles and practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Primavera and other project management software