Are you eager to learn about the world of transport, and how goods are travelled around the globe?
QA are working with one of the industry-leading transport providers for an exciting opportunity to kick start your career in the world of logistics! As an apprentice, you will have an interesting range of responsibilities as this role involves all aspects of air and sea import forwarding. This is a great opportunity to grow with a world-class logistics provider who embraces their friendly and inclusive global culture, at a time of growth.
- To handle all documentation relating to shipments, creating and maintaining job files in an accurate and timely manner
- To deal with all aspects of international and domestic freight movements
- To monitor flights and vessel arrival times and inform the customer of any disruptions
- To act as a conduit between customers and suppliers
- To liaise with overseas offices for shipment movements
- Updating customer reports Booking deliveries
- Completing customs declarations
- Raising customer invoices and making sure a job is profitable
Qualities they are looking for:
- Excellent verbal communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to build relationships
- Team player
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation to learn and progress
- GCSE’s English and Maths or equivalent (Desirable)
- Wellbeing programme
- Mental Health Awareness training
- Discussion on completion of apprenticeship on progression opportunities
- 25 days annual leave
£16,000 per annum
Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
This vocational apprenticeship comprehensively supports your specific job role with this particular employer. Throughout your learning journey, you are fully supported by your dedicated QA skills coach and your mentor at work. They ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to be successful in your job role and pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
Starting with insights into your current potential, they plan your growth in a programmatic way, close skills gaps with immersive training and ensure what you learn is applicable to what you do. They talk you through the specifics on the qualifications you gain and how they align in particular to your day to day role.
On completion, as well as the valuable work experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification at SCQF Level 6.
If you are interested in starting your career and receiving a work based qualification at the same time APPLY NOW!