Job Title: Process Shift Technician
Saalry: £42(Apply online only) t0 £44,(Apply online only) Depending in Shift pattern
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours a week – Fixed Night Shift or Rotating Afternoons & Nights
Role Purpose: The Process Shift Technician is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Injection Moulding, providing high-level technical support for moulding and assembly processes. The role aims to ensure that products are manufactured efficiently, meeting the correct dimensions and quality expected by our customers. Additionally, the Process Shift Engineer will contribute to the development of Setters and Team Leaders.
Main Role Duties/Scope:
- Provide high-level technical moulding support to address issues related to moulding, colour matching, and robot problems.
- Conduct initial Tool trials in the plant and develop production processes, driving Process Maturation, and creating documentation for production readiness.
- Offer technical support for assembly processes, focusing on standardized setups to minimize downtime and scrap.
- Utilize Continuous Improvement (CI) tools to enhance process reliability and efficiency.
- Conduct daily standard work process checks for both operator and setter compliance with existing standards.
- Act as a liaison with Setter Development, working closely with Setters.
- Document setting and process parameter changes, including recording and control.
- Assist in the development of Press Packs related to documentation.
- Provide technical support for assembly processes, emphasizing standardized setups to minimize downtime and scrap in support processes (e.g., welding, leak testers).
- Start up and shut down injection moulding machines following manufacturers’ instructions to minimize energy waste and scrap.
- Work as a team member of an organized cell unit, maintaining full flexibility within the Plastics manufacturing area.
- Provide technical competence to trial new mould tools from the 2nd trial onwards, providing a report on trial run samples’ status and required remedial work.
- Make cycle time improvements through CI activities using appropriate tools and methodology.
- Ensure all work activities comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and housekeeping, responsible for proper storage and validating 5S cleaning and inspection of process equipment.
- Cartesian robot programming.
- Collaborate with tooling to solve issues and improve processes.
Person Specification/Required Skills: The successful candidate should possess the following qualities:
- Self-motivated with excellent communication skills.
- Comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels within the business.
- Proactive and hands-on technical approach.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet demanding deadlines.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Level 2 or above plastics training.
- Previous technical experience working with multiple injection moulding machines.
- Tooling knowledge of injection moulding.
- Robot programming is an advantage.
- Materials knowledge for injection moulding.
- Significant experience working in a fast-paced Tier 1 Manufacturing environment.
- High level of literacy and numeracy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Office packages.