Head of Finance & Corporate Services
Unity is a charity that cares passionately about people, both the vulnerable and disadvantaged service users they support and the amazing team who make Unity a great place to work. Founded in founded in 1989, the charity and social enterprise provides variety of support services to people who are vulnerable, disadvantaged or a risk of exclusion across the West of Scotland.
Unity believe in fair and inclusive communities where everyone is valued and has opportunities to fulfil their potential. This takes many forms and they are always looking for new ways to support their fellow citizens, regularly reviewing and redesigning their services to meet emerging needs and to widen their impact.
Unity provides information, advice and support services to unpaid carers across North and South Ayrshire. They also provide day services for adults with learning disabilities in East and West Dunbartonshire and Glasgow. In Inverclyde, Unity provides employability support and work experience to adults with learning disabilities and autism, and the Spoon Café in Glasgow City centre allows customers to fill up from our varied menu while investing in the futures of some of the most disadvantaged and vulnerable people in our community.
Unity are on the search for an experienced financial leader to head the day-to-day management of its finance, governance and HR functions. The Head of Finance will work closely with the Chief Executive and Board of trustees to develop the strategic direction of the charity and implement the annual business plan and budget, ensuring the charity remains in a strong financial position at all times. They will oversee learning and developing within Unity, fostering a culture of continuous professional growth amongst staff, as well as a comprehensive suite of HR systems, policies and procedures. They will also ensure that the charity is compliant with all legal and statutory requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor s degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- Extensive experience in a senior finance position, ideally within a charity setting
- A high level of interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and influencing skills
- Detailed knowledge of financial and management accounting principles and Charities Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP)
- Proficiency in the use of technology and an understanding of the role it can play in enhancing the delivery of services
- Experience of effectively managing resources and budgets, as well as experience of delivering long term financial sustainability and value for money
- The ability to communicate financial information and recommendations clearly and effectively to non-financial stakeholders
- Understanding of the third sector in Scotland
This is an exciting opportunity for a strategic thinker who considers the long-term impact of plans, actions, and decisions and has a solid understanding of financial management and accounting, to join and play a pivotal role in a dedicated team making life-changing social impact in the West of Scotland.
More information can be found within the Job Description below:
- Job Description
For a confidential discussion, please contact Lauryn Pringle or Debbie Shields at Aspen People on (phone number removed).
Closing date: Monday 11th March 2024