Large heavy Industrial manufacturer looking for a mechanical section engineer in glasgow
Our client is a large heavy Industrial manufacturer based in the outskirts of Glasgow, servicing a global market. They are looking for a Mechanical Section Engineer/Manager to be based on site reporting directly to the Engineering Lead for their large single site.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:-
• Promote and be actively involved in creating a positive health and safety culture.
• Lead, participate and contribute to the achievement of a safe and healthy working environment.
• Complete and issue permits in accordance with appropriate health and safety standards.
• Be responsible for the maintenance of plant integrity through the operation of a preventative maintenance programme, ensuring maximum plant reliability and performance.
• Report performance in your area on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Develop and improve Engineering Systems & Processes.
• Achieve Engineering KPI’s, including budget control in your area.
• Respond to plant wide breakdowns and implement effective engineering solutions.
• Good working knowledge of mechanical and hydraulic systems.
• Responsibility in your area for the maintenance and repair of heavy machinery, plant equipment, tools and systems used in manufacturing, engineering, and other industrial production processes in line with business engineering standards.
• Always apply a CI philosophy.
• Ensure QA compliance of all equipment in your area.
• Effectively execute fault-finding and root cause analysis techniques to plant assets and equipment in your area.
• Apply long-lasting engineering solutions to ensure consistent quality and on-time performance.
• Direct supervision of 8 mechanical engineers, including management of holidays, timekeeping, and absence.
• Liase with Operations, Technical, and Process Control on an ongoing basis.
• Assist engineering manager with maintenance strategy improvements.
• Support recruitment and selection.
• Enthusiastic, flexible, with a can-do attitude and culture
• Well organised, with meticulous attention to detail
• Able to work under own initiative and pressure.
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Successful candidate could be a maintenance planner looking for the next step up in their career.
• Recognised Mechanical Maintenance Apprenticeship
• Good Working knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic and lubrication systems
• Educated to Degree Level would be an advantage.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity with a company that values your skills and contributions, this is an exciting opportunity with a well-established manufacturer in the Fife region, so if this is a position that is of interest to you – please don’t hesitate to drop me a message on the details below.
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.