Job Title: Principle Electrical Design EngineerJob Area: GLAJob Sal: £55k-£60kJob Type: Building Services
Your new company
Our client can be described as the world’s most trusted infrastructure consulting firms. Headquartered in the US, they are the largest multidisciplinary engineering consultancy, with thousands of employees and offices across the globe. They are responsible for delivering professional services to their public and private sector clients – from planning, design, engineering to programme and construction management. Our client works across various sectors including healthcare, defence, education, sport and leisure, commercial, residential and more.
Your new role + What you’ll need to succeed
Our client are looking for a strong engineer both technically but also outward in their client project facing aspect. You are required to have electrical project engineering experience, ideally with experience in the healthcare and/or defence sectors. CEng is preferred however minimum requirements include MEng (or masters equivalent) as well as Building services design experience
- Senior technical resource may serve as technical advisor for team
- Provides specialized technical input to studies and design for staff’s specific area of expertise.
- Develops study and design procedures to facilitate high quality cost effective work by others.
- Participates in interdisciplinary review of project deliverables.
- Develops construction cost estimates and estimates of technical efforts for projects.
- Uses expertise in all steps of completing discipline component of PS&E package.
- Performs quality control review of design calculations or drawings.
- Prepares technical specification sections.
- Provides input to the development of engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements.
- Will support electrical engineering team lead in delivery of large multi-disciplinary projects
- Will lead electrical engineering in delivery of medium and small MEP or multi-disciplinary projects
- Performs specific and moderate portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered using modifications of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignments.
- Identifies discrepancies in results.
- Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with little supervision.
- Independently performs all the tasks necessary to complete primary design elements for engineering
What you’ll get in return
As well as a competitive salary depending on experience you will receive:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid work
- 6% pension
- Private healthcare
- 1 professional subscription
- iPhone SE
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #