Great opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join the LifeScan team, £25 per hour PAYE
Your new company
Our vision is to create a world without limits for people with diabetes and related conditions. Join us at LifeScan, maker of the iconic OneTouch brand diabetes products to bring to life our mission to deliver personalized health & wellness experiences that engage people to live their best lives. LifeScan has had an unwavering commitment to improving the quality of life for people with diabetes by developing agile products defined by simplicity, accuracy, and trust to enable knowledge, wellness and health. We have virtual, dynamic and on-site employees in markets around the globe.
LifeScan is headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania and has a 31,600 square metre state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution facility in Inverness, Scotland. With more than 2,000 employees LifeScan serves more than 90 countries.
At LifeScan we believe our talented and passionate team is what makes us special. We inspire excellence and teamwork through our Shared Values of Care, Create, Connect and Compete.
Your new role
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team where you will be responsible for executing all maintenance activities. Working in our Maintenance Engineering team, you’ll be responsible for executing all maintenance activities on production equipment. This will include emergency, corrective as well as preventative maintenance.
As part of the Maintenance team, you’ll deliver a quality maintenance service, ensuring equipment is safe, producing quality product, and reliable. You will work as part of a small shift maintenance team but also be expected to work independently. You will have the support of on-shift supervision to provide technical guidance, define priorities, and assign additional resource as required.
As a specialist in your field, you’ll also have the opportunity to coach and develop apprentices and other members of the team, as well as deliver continuous improvement to how we maintain the equipment.
• Liaising with manufacturing operations to schedule downtime for planned maintenance activities
• Diagnosing and repairing Mechanical and Electrical faults
• Carrying out pre-defined regular maintenance checks
• Assessing and escalating equipment breakdowns as required
• Providing clear and concise communication regarding equipment performance and outstanding issues at daily Gemba and shift handovers
• Inputting timely and compliant Maintenance documentation within our CMMS system
• Utilising data to drive correct decisions relating to equipment performance and yield
• Adapting and improving preventative maintenance procedures as required
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful in this role, you’ll be a time-served Apprentice with an ONC/HNC in Engineering, or an HND in a relevant Engineering discipline.
Strong technical skills are required in both and mechanical electrical disciplines though a bias toward either is suitable.
• Previous experience in Mechanical and Electrical maintenance both planned and reactive.
• Demonstration of sound methodology in fault finding to determine root cause.
• A fundamental knowledge of controls and automation
• A good understanding of electrical and pneumatic schematics
• Experience with low and extra low voltage supplies
Therefore, It’s Important To Us That You Have:
• High Emotional Intelligence with an ability to work with multi-cultural teams
• Able to recognize and welcome diversity
• Flexibility and a solution-oriented approach
• A spirit of continuous improvement
What you’ll get in return
This is a great role to continue your technical development with the support of a highly experienced technical team. We believe that our people and excellent working relationships are at the heart of our success. Together, we create a good team spirit and friendly atmosphere to make it a great place to work, learn and develop.
Depending on your experience, there may be opportunity to carry out a temporary PAYE role or a permanent opportunity to join LifeScan direct.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.