Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Our Global pharmaceutical client is looking for a new Maintenance Engineer to join their Inverness Site. The company is a global manufacturer of diabetes-based products with a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Inverness.
About the Role
You will be working with the Maintenance Engineering team, you’ll be responsible for executing all maintenance activities on production equipment. This will include emergency, corrective as well as preventative maintenance.
As part of the Maintenance team, you’ll deliver a quality maintenance service, ensuring equipment is safe, producing quality product, and reliable. You will work as part of a small shift maintenance team but also be expected to work independently. You will have the support of on-shift supervision to provide technical guidance, define priorities, and assign additional resource as required.
As a specialist in your field, you’ll also have the opportunity to coach and develop apprentices and other members of the team, as well as deliver continuous improvement to how we maintain the equipment.
• Liaising with manufacturing operations to schedule downtime for planned maintenance activities
• Diagnosing and repairing Mechanical and Electrical faults
• Carrying out pre-defined regular maintenance checks
• Assessing and escalating equipment breakdowns as required
• Providing clear and concise communication regarding equipment performance and outstanding issues at daily Gemba and shift handovers
• Inputting timely and compliant Maintenance documentation within our CMMS system
• Utilising data to drive correct decisions relating to equipment performance and yield
• Adapting and improving preventative maintenance procedures as required
• Strong technical skills are required in both and mechanical electrical disciplines though a bias toward either is suitable.
• Time-served Apprentice with an ONC/HNC in Engineering, or an HND in a relevant Engineering discipline.
• Previous experience in Mechanical and Electrical maintenance both planned and reactive.
• Demonstration of sound methodology in fault finding to determine root cause.
• A fundamental knowledge of controls and automation
• A good understanding of electrical and pneumatic schematics
• Experience with low and extra low voltage supplies
What’s in it for you?
• Full continental shits – 4 days/nights – 7am-7pm/ 7pm-7am
• 10% pension contibution.
• Life insurance
• Health care, Gym, Retail, Food and Cycle to Work Schemes
• 25 days holidays plus 8 Public holidays, Buy or sell of holidays scheme.
If you’d like more information then call Jakub on .
Please note this role requires background checks and full UK right to work.