Job Title: Senior Mechanical Design EngineerJob Area: GLA/EDIJob Salary: £40k-£50kJob Type: MEP Design
Your new company
A well-established, privately owned consultancy who has been around the UK market for years, working in a range of sectors including education, commercial, sports facilities, large scale residential and healthcare. This company are leaders is sustainability and low energy building services design. They have high staff retention rates, clear routes of progression for staff, regular salary reviews and flexible working options. They are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer (Building Services) to join either their Glasgow or Edinburgh office. Ideally you will have experience on similar projects. You must have experience working in UK/Ireland.
Your new role
- Ensuring an understanding of project briefs. Design and specification of all Mechanical Building Services systems .
- Design and specification of HVAC systems
- Carry out (and managing of others), in the production of detailed calculations using industry standard software tools including Excel, Revit, IES, in-house developed tools, etc.
- Representing the organisation at meetings with clients and contractors.
- Site surveys, inspections and monitoring of site works.
- Report and technical note writing.
- Maintaining complete records and archives to company standards.
- Adherence to all quality, environmental and governance processes.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services Engineering / Mechanical Engineering or related subjects.
- Proficient in energy reduction methods and approaches to decarbonising new and existing buildings
- Understanding of energy and carbon related data capture and analytics.
- Familiarity with the principles of building physics such as passive design solutions and fabric first approaches.
- Competent in designing for measurement and verification, including experience of commissioning and post installation evaluation of performance.
- Good level of computer literacy in a range of digital tools such as IES thermal modelling package, Navisworks, Hevacomp, One Click, NBS and Microsoft packages.
- Experience working in a design consultancy and/or experience of working within a contractor design environment is essential.
- Have a detailed knowledge of appropriate technical standards.
What you’ll get in return
- 25 days holiday + publics
- Hybrid working
- 6% pension
- Yearly salary reviews
- 35 hour week
- Yearly bonus (discretionary)
- Paid overtime
- Social culture
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #