Job Title: Senior Mechanical EngineerJob Area: EdinburghJob Salary: £40k-£50kJob Type: MEP Design
Your new company
Oneof the countries’ largest, most successful and award-winning multidisciplinary engineering consultancies. They have multiple offices across the UK and have asolid reputation for successful project delivery throughout numerous sectorswithin the Built Environment. Projects can vary from small works to £100m+across Education, Heritage, High-End Residential, Cultural, Laboratories andmore. They have a very modern, open-plan office space, you will get exposure todesigning a wide range of mechanical systems across multiple jobs and there isan excellent support system in place for staff training and development. Theyare currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer or experienced Intermediate to join their Edinburgh office.
Your new role
What you’ll need to succeed
- Degree qualified or equivalent qualification in Building Services Engineering / Mechanical Engineering
- Ideally chartered or working towards this with CIBSE or IET.
- 5-10 years experience working in a design consultancy or a similar envrionment.
- Knowledge of mechanical design within the built environment.
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients.
- Detailed knowledge of appropriate technical standards, able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions, act on own initiative.
- Good level of computer literacy in a range of digital tools such as IES thermal modelling package, Microscoft packages, CAD, Hevacomp.
What you’ll get in return
- 33 days holiday including publics
- Holiday buy/sell
- Long service holiday
- Hybrid working
- 5% pension
- DIS 3x salary
- 1 Paid professional membership per year
- Cycle to work
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.