Project Manager Job, Based in Glasgow, Offering £40k to £75k, strong progression opportunities
Your new company
Our client, a large multidisciplinary consultancy in Glasgow, are looking to expandwithin their Drainage Solutions team. Our client is one of the largest in theUK – working with clients including water organisations, local authorities,major airports and a range of international customers. Our client currently hasan exciting new opportunity in their Drainage Solutions Practice for a ProjectManager / Assistant Project Manager.
Your new role
As Project Manager you will beresponsible for the delivery of a number of drainage infrastructure projectsfrom bid stage through to concept, outline or detail design stage. Ideally youwill have some experience within the Water Industry in delivering drainagerelated projects for water companies (Storm Water and Wastewater Flooding,Combined Sewer Overflows, Storm Water Management, Blue Green Infrastructure)from either a Project Management perspective or a Technical / ProjectManagement blend.
What you’ll need to succeed
– Experience in delivering drainagerelated projects for water companies (Storm Water and Wastewater Flooding,Combined Sewer Overflows, Storm Water Management, Blue Green Infrastructure)from either a Project Management perspective or a Technical / ProjectManagement blend.
– Ability to deliver projects to agreed targets e.g. programme, budget andquality.
– Ability to identify and agree project objectives with the Project Director(PD) and develop a strategy for achieving these.
– Ability to identify, escalate and manage any matters that could pose apotential contractual/commercial risk at the earliest opportunity.
– Ability to set objectives, and define tasks for the project team, delegatingauthority and agreeing with the PD how risks will be shared asnecessary.
– Ability to actively manage the projects – both technically and financially,in accordance with corporate and business policies, directives, and procedures.Monitoring and reporting performance against programme, technical quality,financial and KPI targets; taking, or advising the PD on the requirements for,any necessary mitigation actions to prevent targets being missed, whilemanaging an effective change control process.
– Ability to lead the project team – building, motivating, maintaining,coaching, guiding and developing team members to achieve their fullpotential.
What you’ll get in return
The opportunity to work for one of thelargest and most respected consultancies in the UK market, with clearopportunities to fast track your career – as well as benefitting from a verycompetitive salary and benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.