Job Title: Senior Electrical EngineerJob Area: Greater GlasgowJob Salary: £40k-£50kJob Type: MEP Design
Your new company
A highly respected, international multidisciplinary consultancy with over 60 years expertise. They have a European network of offices and work on a range of interesting and complex projects across a variety of sectors including custodial, aviation, defence, life sciences and public sector. Staff retention rates are excellent and they offer some industry-leading benefits. They are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Design Engineer within Building Services to join their team.
Your new role
- Ensuring an understanding of project briefs. Design and specification of all Electrical Building Services systems .
- Design and specification of all Electrical Building Services systems – power, earthing, lighting, life safety, telecoms, security, access control, lifts, lightning protection etc.
- Carry out (and managing of others), in the production of detailed calculations using industry standard software tools including Excel, dialux, Amtech, in-house developed tools, etc.
- Representing the organisation at meetings with clients and contractors.
- Site surveys, inspections and monitoring of site works.
- Report and technical note writing.
- Maintaining complete records and archives to company standards.
- Adherence to all quality, environmental and governance processes.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services Engineering / Electrical Engineering or related subjects.
- Proficient in energy reduction methods and approaches to decarbonising new and existing buildings.
- Knowledge of energy related contracts and funding mechanisms such as SALIX.
- Understanding of energy and carbon related data capture and analytics.
- Familiarity with the principles of building physics such as passive design solutions and fabric first approaches.
- Experience working in a design consultancy and/or experience of working within a contractor design environment is essential.
- Have a detailed knowledge of appropriate technical standards
What you’ll get in return
- Car or cash allowance
- 25 days holiday + publics
- Holiday buy/sell
- Hybrid work
- Flexi time
- 6% pension
- Yearly bonus
- Laptop, monitor, phone provided for WFH.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.