Job Title: Senior Mechanical EngineerJob Area: Greater GlasgowJob Salary: £40k-£55kJob Type: MEP Design
Your new company
A highly respected, international multidisciplinary consultancy with over 60 years expertise. Their Mechanical experts work with clients across exciting and niche sectors, delivering complex yet efficient and sustainable solutions, often to a demanding, highly regulated and bespoke brief . From biotechnology to chemical and pharmaceuticals, the mechanical team have a detailed knowledge of systems design, using the latest modelling technology to test a solution and to maximise efficiencies as sustainably as possible. They work seamlessly within a multi-disciplinary team, trusted by their clients to deliver inventive solutions to complex technical design challenges. Experienced in all aspects of the project lifecycle from definition and feasibility to detailed design and site monitoring, they invest time to understand the processes and equipment to deliver a client’s strategy for growth. This organisation are highly respected in the industry and work strongly across a range of sectors including Life Sciences, MoD, Education, Custodial, Aviation and more. The business in general is booming currently and due to exponential growth, they have an opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to become a permanent member of their friendly, supportive and creative engineering team, where you will Design and specify all aspects of Mechanical Building Services in accordance with current guidelines, standards, regulations and project deliverables.
Your new role
- With opportunity to work in multiple sectors including Nuclear, Life Sciences, Defence and Aviation, you will work on exciting and innovative buildings, often with top tier architects and clients.
- Their growing team provides opportunities for progression, where you will be encouraged and supported to develop your role and challenging your skills to explore career paths that help maximise your technical and management skill sets.
- You will work within a supportive team with the ability to plug into and access our wider network of professionals
- You will have the opportunity to see your designs come to fruition through site visits and client engagement
What you’ll need to succeed
This organisation are looking for people who:
- Value quality and enjoy delivering technically excellent Mechanical designs in the built environment including HVAC and Public Health
- Want to take ownership, be innovative, use initiative and are driven by client satisfaction
- Have experience in coordinating multi-disciplinary design teams
- Have experience in leading and mentoring junior engineers
- Hold a relevant degree and chartered or willing to work towards this
- Eligible to pass criteria for security clearance and airside pass applications
- Are able to work unsupervised
What you’ll get in return
- 33 days holiday
- Hybrid work (1 day in office minimum)
- Flexi time
- 6% pension
- Condensed 2 week option (every 2nd Friday off)
- Yearly bonus
- Company car
- Laptop, phone provided for WFH
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.