Junior/Graduate Maintenance Officer required to support a local housing association based in Edinburgh .
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join our team as a Junior/Graduate Housing Maintenance Officer.
As a Junior/Graduate Housing Maintenance Officer, you will play a vital role in supporting our assets/estates team in delivering efficient and effective property maintenance services to our residents. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate or someone with minimal experience in the housing industry to gain valuable practical experience and develop a strong foundation in housing maintenance. Key Responsibilities:
- Assist in conducting routine property inspections and assessments to identify maintenance needs.
- Respond to maintenance requests from residents promptly and ensure that appropriate actions are taken in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and schedule repairs and maintenance tasks with external contractors and internal teams.
- Conduct follow-ups to ensure that maintenance work is completed to the required standards.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, ensuring that relevant documentation is updated and filed appropriately.
- Support the development and implementation of preventative maintenance programs to minimise future issues.
- Assist in monitoring compliance with health and safety regulations and industry standards.
- Liaise with residents, providing exceptional customer service and addressing any queries or concerns.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A degree or HND/HNC in a relevant field (e.g., Housing, Property Management, Building Maintenance, Social Care etc.) or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge or understanding of housing maintenance principles and practices.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a customer-oriented approach.
- Proficiency in using computer applications, including MS Office Suite and property management software (experience with specific software is a plus).
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to different locations within the area, as required.
- A commitment to delivering high-quality work and maintaining professional ethics.
- A proactive and adaptable attitude, with a willingness to learn and contribute to a collaborative team environment.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity for professional development and career progression within the organization.
- Supportive work environment with a friendly and collaborative team.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance and retirement plans.
- Generous holiday and leave allowances.
- Convenient office location with easy access to public transportation.