Job Title: Senior Mechanical EngineerJob Area: GlasgowJob Salary: £45k-£55kJob Type: Building Services
Your new company
A forward thinking, award winning company of consulting engineers who have been around for over 75 years specialising in specialising in all aspects of building services and sustainability consultancy. Our client are designers of high quality, sustainable MEP systems, who provide a first class service across a diversity of industry sectors including Healthcare, Residential and Commercial. This organisation are UK based and are currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with experience in the Built Environment to join their expanding Glasgow office. This company have a low staff turnover rate and provide you the opportunity to work on multi million point interesting and challenging projects.
Your new role + What you’ll need to succeed
- You will be joining the practice as a senior engineer. You will have previous working experience within the UK/Ireland at another building services consultancy.
- Lead the delivery of electrical services scope of work across multiple projects, as part of a multi discipline design team.
- Carry out any or all stages of mechanical design from concept to completion as required by the project.
- Lead the preparation of enquiries for potential major projects.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary design team where required. Report on project performance to principal engineer.
- Carry out technical design reviews / critiques of projects in progress.
- Support the design planning, resourcing and fee planning of specific project teams
- Performs specific and moderate portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
What you’ll get in return
- £40,000 to £50,000 dependent on experience
- 34 days holiday
- 6% pension
- Yearly salary reviews
- Life assurance 5x salary
- Friday 4pm finish
- Laptop, monitor, and phone provided for home working
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.