Intermediate / Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Vacancy, Building Services, Glasgow, M&E Consultancy
Your new company
Our client are a specialist mechanical and electrical consultancy that provide engineering services design and asset management for the built environment. They are looking to hire an Intermediate/Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their Glasgow office. The company operates across the spectrum of engineering and property management, from the pre-purchase or design stage through to maintenance and refurbishment. They work on projects from small refurbishments through to new build developments of commercial office space, hotels, retail, residential, historic, industrial, educational or healthcare. This organisation are regularly requested to undertake pre-acquisition surveys of plant and services. If there is any need for refurbishment or fit-out they can provide a bespoke design and management service for the works. The Glasgow office currently consists of a small team and this is an excellent opportunity for an engineer who is looking for a more of a relaxed, collaborative work environment. If you feel you aren’t getting enough support, disconnect between seniority levels and are fed up of the traditional engineering consultancy environment then this organisation could be for you.
Your new role
What you’ll need to succeed
- Preferably at least 5 years’ experience and/or a degree in Building Services engineering.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of Building Services practices, procedures and standards, particularly principles of Electrical and Mechanical Design and Engineering Compliance.
- Proficient in the use of Office 365, Cymap, MEPworx and although not essential, a knowledge of AutoCAD would be beneficial.
- Preferably a registered engineer and/or member of relevant institution, i.e. CEng, IEng, MCIBSE, MIET.
- Preferably a good understanding and competent in using IES-VE software.
- A conscientious and focused outlook to your profession.
- The ability to think innovatively and efficiently in solving engineering and commercial problems.
- Highly motivated with a strong aptitude to learn and develop skills.
- You may be expected to act as Team Leader on multi discipline projects.
- A positive and friendly team approach.
- Mentor and guide Junior Engineers including Graduates.
- An enthusiastic and willing personality to handle client relationships and develop these further.
- Commercial awareness skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload
What you’ll get in return
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.