50.000 – 60,000
I am seeking a Controls Engineer to be based in my client’s depot in Glasgow, working a perm/staff role. My client is a global leader in energy solutions which help businesses as well as communities to grow and thrive. With a competitive package and attractive benefits package this is a great opportunity to join a true leader in their field and develop your career in control engineering
Your day to day duties will include:
- Design, provisioning, bespoke programming for new sites (when new applications are required)
- Support sales, advising on controls solution for complex tenders.
- Support due diligence of new control systems to be introduced, including the comparison between solutions available in the market.
- Define & support the testing and validation of bespoke controls for energy storage systems.
- Define and build controls architecture for energy storage and hybrid applications.
- Document applications and its required controls
- Support FAT for new BESS and hybrids products
- Point of escalation for site issues, assessment of infant care issues
- Assist with Commissioning/SAT of complex projects.
- Understand the standards for different regions, creating document templates for processes.
- Train less experienced personnel and other trainers
You’ll need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Electrical or Electronic or Controls Engineering degree, (or equivalent)
- CODESYS programming capability
- 3+ years of experience with controls development, testing, simulation, and applications in the rentals space
- 3+ years of experience with Energy Storage Systems, Renewables, and Hybrids, including product testing and terminologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills – communicates clearly and effectively with all levels of stakeholders (internal and external)
- A track record of motivating, inspiring and supporting individuals to be their best and grow.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG – The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.