Communications Consultant – Public and Government affairs
Salary: 37,000 – 40,400 per annum
Duration: 12-Month Contract
About the Company: Our client is seeking a talented Communications Consultant to join a very fast-paced, dynamic Public & Government Affairs department. Reporting to the External Affairs Manager (UK Manufacturing), this role will play a crucial part in devising and executing external communications strategies for the industrial site in Fife.
- Lead the long-standing community contributions programme, engaging with local charities, Community Councils and Groups to identify funding opportunities.
- Undertake administration of contributions programme
- Work with colleagues to identify and promote STEM education activity with local schools.
- Identify, develop, and deliver pro-active communications to improve insight and understanding of company operations.
- Develop social media and web channels presence through use of engaging and informative imagery and copy.
- Write compelling copy for deployment across a range of digital and print channels.
- Develop short-life campaigns to support key issues e.g. recruitment.
- Liaise with media team to identify local communication opportunities and support development.
- of relevant news releases
- Coordinate development of photographic and video collateral
- Engage with internal teams and monitor external activity to identify potential emerging issues.
- Respond to community enquiries and complaints.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience of engaging with community representatives, schools, and charities
- Communications and engagement experience (at least 3- 5) with proven track record in communications and engagement
- Excellent writing skills and experience of story identification and development
- Ability to analyse and communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Experience of digital communications including web and social media
- Experience of web content management systems
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to adapt to change.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Full driving Licence required.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly’s Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.