JC80 – Chartered Building SurveyorLocation – EdinburghSalary – £Competitive + Vehicle AllowanceOverview:First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our reputable client who is seeking a Chartered Building Surveyor to join their team in the city of Edinburgh. The successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to become part of my clients growing building surveying team in their Edinburgh office, working on a wide and varied range of building surveying disciplines in a commercial environment with an enviable and national client base including The Crown Estate, Aviva, Legal & General and M&G among others.You will have the opportunity to gain more autonomy, build client relationships and have the potential to specialise in a chosen area as you progress through your career and you will be part of a flexible and very supportive environment with great opportunities for career progression.Duties and Responsibilities:Primarily working within the commercial sector undertaking a wide range of building surveying, but not limited to:
- Contract administration.
- Technical Due Diligence.
- Building Pathology.
- General building surveying commercial work in line with a Chartered Building Surveyor role.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- MRICS (0-2 years PQE).
- Degree in Building Surveying.
- Excellent and accurate report writing skills.
- Experience of working in a pro-active commercial environment.
- Sound knowledge of building contracts in a commercial context.
- Able to meet fee targets and generate new business through building successful client relationships.
- Commercially astute.
- Embraces technology.
- High level of up-to-date technical building knowledge.
- Full driving licence.
In return our client offers:
- £Competitive salary.
- Fee related bonus scheme.
- iPhone & Laptop to support flexible & hybrid working.
- Private Health Care (after 6 months).
- Career development investment.
- Company pension scheme after 3 months.
- Cycle scheme and interest free season ticket loan available on completion of probationary period.